Our little Miracle

Our little Miracle
"And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon him." ~Luke 2:40

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Two weeks old

Today my sweet Austin is 2 weeks old!  He is still strong to this day!  My little miracle.  I am having symptoms of a little cold coming on so I am staying home from the NICU until I have 24 hours of no symptoms.... but Daddy is still going while I am home.  It breaks my heart...but I know whats best for him and my other son...  A nice and healthy mom.

Today I called to get Austins stats.  He is still doing very well.  His feeds are up to 19mls, and are given to him on an hour pump.  His A's and B's seem to be happening with his feedings, but he is able to bring himself out of them on his own.  The doctors do believe its the reflux, but after his cbc blood tests today, he is a bit anemic and has a low blood count.  He will be receiving blood this evening to help with the anemia and to up the numbers.  He has been giving blood so much for tests, he just needs a little more to replace the blood loss, and to help with his anemia.  Non invasive and very common procedure for preemies.  The blood is tested time and time and time again before given to him and there is 0.00% chance of infection. 

He will be off the antibiotics tomorrow.    They changed his CPAP prongs out to some that seem to hold them in better, giving him more efficient airflow....He is very alert and doing well.  I wish I could go and see him and tell him I LOVE HIM and let him know how many WONDERFUL people are celebrating him today on the WORLD PREMATURITY DAY... showing support and awareness.  I can guarantee if he could speak he would say "Thank You and I love you all!"

Thank you again, for all of your prayers.  Keep them coming!!!!  God Bless each and everyone of you! 
**love**
The Kimmey's

~all babies are blessings.
premature babies are miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment