Our little Miracle

Our little Miracle
"And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon him." ~Luke 2:40

Monday, December 5, 2011

Walking on Sunshine

Although its been yucky and rainy all day... I'm walking on sunshine!!!  I have been enjoying my time with Austin so much!  Being his mother is amazing!!  Scotty and I both did kangaroo care with him yesterday!  his stats were pretty good yesterday... and after a long talk with the doctor, and a few days of my own thoughts and research on the subject... we have decided to go ahead and do steroids for Austin.  He needs to get off of the ventilator.  Something he doesn't "need".  Its only causing irritation to his airways, and so because of some minor swelling, he's requiring more oxygen, and the steroids should help him in reducing the swelling and getting extubated.

Today Austin is 1182 g = 2lbs 9oz.   He is 14 1/2 inches long!  He still needs to, on average, gain more weight per day, but has been resting more throughout the day, so hopefully that will enable him to hold onto his calories!!  His feedings are going very well, and they upped his caloric intake today.  Crossing fingers!  I held him (KC) today for a while, and then I gave Austin a bath!!!!!!  This was so amazing to do!  I felt so needed!  It was awesome!  I was so happy when his nurse asked me if I wanted to do it!  What a day!  (see ... walking on sunshine!)  I have been smiling ear to ear since!

I have some really good pictures to share.  I just need my computer to cooperate.  So hopefully soon I will get those posted here for you to see.  I'm gathering some Christmas books to take to the hospital to read to Austin this month.  I want him to hear all about the season.  I also talked to the Catholic Priest at the hospital today about baptising Austin while there now, and doing the ceremonial end of it once he is home and in the "safe zone" to be out and about many others.  So I am glad to have that set in stone and ready to go.  I have been wanting to do it, I just kept letting it slip my mind while there at the hospital. 

I have really been able to finally step back and relax.  This is my life and I love it.  Yeah, sure, it took a path I wasnt expecting... but I am okay with it.  I have a wonderful family.  I have finally been able to turn on the radio and enjoy it.  Until now, it had been too much "noise" for me and my mind.  I'm finding myself able to sit down and relax at home... i;m no longer constantly reading preemie books or looking on line for research.  I am just living life again.  It feels good. 

Happy Holiday Season to you all.  Remember to count your blessings and to always be thankful for what you have.  So many others are facing tough times in their lives.  Even if you feel yours is rough... someone somewhere is dealing with something worse.  God Bless you all, and continued prayer is all I ask of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment