Our little Miracle

Our little Miracle
"And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon him." ~Luke 2:40

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Latest...

Austin is doing well, although he may have a minor virus.  He has always had a little bit of a gag and cough from his own saliva, but I noticed the other day he was just coughing.  I had several different RT's and doctors take a look at him.  They all said his lungs and airways sounded clear and opened.  They did agree that he had a small, wet cough- did an RSV wash on Austin and it came back negative.  Since Friday, he has been very calm and looks well.  His cough isn't as frequent so that is good.  He is not having any A's and B's and his FIO2's are not going up, so not too worried, just keeping an eye on things. 

Austin has his repeat echocardiogram tomorrow.  They will be checking to see if his pulmonary hypertension has increased or stayed about the same.  Very happy with the last echocardiogram results, so we're praying for great results again!

Other than the "cold" and echo, not much has changed.  Austin still loves his bath!  He loves his mobile and bouncy chair.  He LOVES LOVES LOVES when daddy holds him.  He really does love his daddy so much!  Its neat to see!  Austin is still on the HFC at 4L and a steady 25%-28%.  He weighs 8 lbs 10 oz and is so chunky that the NICU doesn't have a big enough sized blood pressure cuff and is getting some from the Children's Hospital!  He is a chunker!

I have adjusted my goal, because he just will not be ready the first week of March.  My new goal is to have him home by Easter.  That is 6 weeks from today.  I think he can make it by then!!!  Until then, I continue to pray.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the blessings You have given to me in my life.  I am so happy and thankful.  I pray that You continue to keep Your healing hands upon my sweet Austin and that You continue to give the doctors and nurses that care for Austin the knowledge and wisdom of the best care for Austin.  Please have mercy on him and keep him from any pain and any harm.  Help me, my husband and my son, Drew, to continue to have patience and positivity for the remainder of our journey.  Give us the knowledge to know when we are in need to draw near to You.  Give us all the confidence we need to continue our stay at the NICU and the confiedence when it is time to bring him home.  Lord, let Your WIll be done in our lives, and help us to see all the is Righteous.  Lord, i praise You for Your glory!  In Christ's name, I pray.... AMEN.

1 comment:

  1. Keep going Austin! I hope he is home for Easter for you!

    ReplyDelete