Our little Miracle

Our little Miracle
"And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon him." ~Luke 2:40

Thursday, February 9, 2012

2/7/2012.... My due date...

Tuesday was my due date.  Meaning Austin's adjusted age is 2 days old.  WEIRD!!!!  He is a strong 2 day old baby!!!  LOL

I wasn't really sure how I would feel on Tuesday.  So.... I had a spa day!  Four hours at the spa!!!! It was fabulous!  I had a massage, facial and pedicure.  I went home, ate and took a nap.  I then headed up to spend the evening with my sweet baby boy!  He had a spa treatment as well.  We gave him a nice and long WARM bath and then I gave him his relaxation massage and stretches before snuggling him into bed for the night.  HE LOVED IT!!!!!

Austin is doing so fabulous!  He is doing great on his high flow cannula at 6 L, and will be weened in a day or two to 5L.  He is now a whopping 7lbs 14oz and with that being said, the nutritionist believes she can come down on his extra caloric intake- as he is doing well at gaining - OBVIOUSLY!!!   He has steadily been at 25%-28% FIO2's and hasn't had any A's and B's or any major desats since he started the HFC.  He still works pretty hard to breath, but not any more than his normal.  He had his eye exam yesterday and he did well.  His right eye is zone 3 stage 1 (good) and his right eye is zone 2 stage 2 with a notch, so they are keeping an eye on this eye with weekly exams.  If his vessels do not grow out into zone 3, he may not have his peripheral vision in his left eye and if the notch grows and begins to apply pressure to his retina, he will require surgery (laser) to fix this. 

Austin is such a gassy boy... its so sad, bc with the underdevelopment of a preemie, he just doesn't have the muscle mass to help to get things moving along in his belly- thus he suffers with gas bubbles.  He squirms and grunts and then a small little "puff".  Its sad..but I get the best pictures ever......

Gas smiles.....



...but I say its bc he knows his momma's bedside
and it makes him smile to know he's loved!!



HI EVERYONE!!!


I still cannot believe how big he is!  I just never imagined him getting to be so big this early.  I really had thought I'd be bringing home a 4 or 5 pound baby.  LOL   My chubawub!


My chubawub with his wubanub!



Here he is during his due date spa treatment!!!!!!!!!!  He loves taking a bath... LOVES IT!!!

Rub-a-dub... chub-in-a-tub


Cozy - all snuggled up in bed!!!!!




THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND SUPPORT.  I continue to see God's work every day.  Just as I start to become discouraged, Austin shows me that God has a plan for us all... and that Austin is doing just fine!!!  xoxoxoxo





1 comment:

  1. Chubawub! He really is so precious.
    Is that the mobile you wanted to buy so he wouldn't be so bored? It's great to see him surrounded by colorful things now. Maybe those are spa smiles rather than gas smiles...
    We have the same monkey quilted sheet.
    Our little one arrives tomorrow.
    Hugs from Brazil
    B

    ReplyDelete